Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2nd week on~

First week of observations is over in a blink. Learnt a lot from the various teachers in terms of classroom management. I was impressed with how some certain teachers can carry out group activities with ease. If it was me, I think I would have trouble getting the students organised. (Shall try it out during one of my lessons- much planning involved.)

This is something I prepared for the child with autism in my class.

Monday & Tuesday were CA1 for the children, so I did not manage to observe any class. However, I did go into class on Friday on the first week to talk to my class for the next 9 weeks - 3 Honesty.


I did talk to them a little about their classroom rules, my expectations of them & also conducted a Multiple Intelligence Test with the class to assess their learning needs. (Results to be updated)


After their examinations on Tuesday, I asked for some time to read to them. The kids have just finished Unit 2 of Stellar, which is The Wolf Story - a fractured tale of 3 little pigs. I decided to read them this book, to expose them to more literature. The kids seemed to enjoy the book, and is engaged. Hopefully, I can bring in more books into class and read to them.
In the following weeks, I hope to also implement the Star Pupils of the week idea. Basically I want children to vote for their friends to be star pupils and to be able to articulate the reason why. In doing so, they can reflect upon their own actions and model after their peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment