Tuesday, March 13, 2012

CCA - Little Chef's Club!

This week, I attended my first CCA session with the students. I was assigned to tag along the teachers in charge of Little Chef's Club. Prior to that, we were given two choices; so I choses LCC and Art Club.

I love to bake during my free time and experiment with different cooking styles. I was really happy when I found out that I got into my first choice. CCA is held every tuesday from 2.30 - 4.30pm.
Ingredients needed!

The teacher in charge has already prepared the materials in advance. While she gets the class settled down and into their following groups, I helped her took attendance for the students. We had 16 out of 20 which is pretty good!

Mdm Suhaizan (TIC) began the lesson with introducing the ingredients and demonstrated the procedures once for the class. Next she had the students collect the items and I went around to see if any students need help.

This semester's focus was eggs, so the item of the day was........

Slow and steady.

Cleaning up after the deed.

Students learn about hygiene while having fun at the cooking lessons as well. Values were also taught: students learn the importance of saving water.

The finished product!

I also had a go after all the students had their turns at the pan. Although I enjoy cooking, this is the first time I ever made french toast!! I am happy with the experience and I really had fun while working at the same time.

Totally looking forward to the menu of SEM 2 when school reopens!


No comments:

Post a Comment